Development ManagerCompany: American Lung Association
Date Posted: April 26, 2017
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Development Manager is responsible for raising funds for the association through local fundraising events and other fundraising promotions and income sources.
REPORTS TO: AREA DIRECTOR OR DESIGNEE
- Develop and implement area fund raising plan including special events and other sources of income.
- Develop and oversee income/expense reports for all assigned events, promotions and other sources of income.
- Develop recommendations for area special events budget.
- Assist Area Director in providing recommendations to accomplish area development goals.
- Manage constituent engagement with various electronic systems including Convio and Greater Giving.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers who serve on special events committees and task forces.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers to implement special events and raise funds.
- Develop and submit timely reports as required by the association or funding sources.
- Develop relationships with elected officials and serve as a local resource on association issues as assigned.
- Represent the association as a member of community, civic, and/or professional organizations related to fundraising.
- Develop relationships with major media outlets in region and serve as the primary resource for assigned development events.
- Select and participate in local, state and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Provide personal transportation to attend meetings and functions with a valid driver license and proof of personal auto insurance. Possess computer skills including Microsoft Office, data an constituent management systems. Possess ability to handle stressful situations including achieving goals set by the association, unplanned calls for action related to advocacy, and other situations requiring a quick solution. Must not use tobacco products.
QUALIFICATIONS: Four-year college degree or equivalent. Minimum three years demonstrated successful experience in fundraising, sales or other related activities.
Resumes should be submitted by email only to Karen Hughes. Karen.Hughes@LungSE.org