Director of FundraisingCompany: Her Song Jacksonville
Date Posted: August 1, 2017
Her Song is looking for the right individual to spearhead all fundraising efforts of the organization during a time of critical growth and development. This individual will report to the Board of Directors and as such will share collective responsibility to deliver the organizations mission, vision and strategy.
The Director of Fundraising will lead a dedicated team of volunteers to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills which will enable the organization to achieve its fundraising targets and organizational development platform. This position is a part or full time paid position. Ideal client will have fundraising experience, a talent for building relationships and a proven track record in securing funds from individuals, foundations, churches, companies and other potential donor entities. Experience in development of a donor program including donor marketing is also an advantage.
Main Responsibilities and Experience:
- Commitment to Her Song’s core values and strategic direction
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment
- Lead the annual fundraising planning process to produce effective strategies to achieve income targets of approximately $500k of sustainable funding across the range of revenue streams
- Ability to work in a team environment, and in conjunction with the Board of directors to create a long term strategy for achieving funding for mission and vision.
- Must be detail oriented with effective communication and organizational skills and the ability to comply with state and federal regulations
- Continue, build and maintain strong community partnerships and relationships
- Identify new potential income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment with practices and techniques which will support the cost-effective generation of income for support of the mission and vision
- Demonstrable track record of strategic fundraising with successful, significant and relevant achievement
- Experience of utilizing the strength of an organization brand for fundraising development
- Proven track record of meeting challenging income targets
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage large teams to include volunteer
Qualified applicants please submit letter of interest, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posting expires August 9,2017.