Development CoordinatorCompany: Girl Scouts of Gateway Council
Date Posted: October 11, 2017
- Provide event support and management of all agency fundraising events.
- Responsible for event logistics including décor, catering, location, and registrations.
- Responsible for special event timeline and for meeting all internal and external deadlines associated with the event.
- With the support of the marketing staff, coordinate the production of all event collateral materials including design, production, and distribution.
- Responsible for silent auction, prize, and in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
- Coordinate logistics of event ticket sales and sponsorships.
- Supervise and coordinate event vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct pre- and post- event evaluations and report on event outcomes.
- May represent the Girl Scouts of Gateway Council during community events.
Database Management and Stewardship:
- Enter new gifts into the donor database, ensuring the information is accurate.
- Send thank you letters and tax receipts to donors within 48 hours.
- In partnership with the fund development team, regularly update standard letters.
- Send routine reports to the Sr. Director of Fund Development.
- Provide support to the staff in implementing financial processes, donor recognition, donor stewardship, prospect management, and other related activities.
- Works with Development Team to schedule and implement large-scale mailings.
- In partnership with the Sr. Director of Fund Development, writes and manage submission of assigned government, corporate and private foundation grant proposals for funding.
- Gathers information from relevant departments to submit required grant reports.
- Keeps organized digital and paper files, and accurately tracks information related to funders.
- Conducts prospect research for foundation, government and corporate giving, assisting with outreach to viable funding sources.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years’ experience in nonprofits, special events, or database management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and disciplined to achieve set goals.
- Exceptional problem solving ability.
- Must be flexible with varied tasks and change.
- Preferred background in Girl Scouts, either as a (girl) Girl Scout, parent of a Girl Scout, volunteer or on staff.
- Solid understanding and capable user of Microsoft Office.
- Experience using fundraising database software.
- Valid Florida vehicle license, vehicle in working condition, proof of insurance, or the ability to fulfill timely and extensive travel requirements across widespread regional geography.
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
Bachelor degree preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION
Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Able to lift and carry 25 lbs.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org