Executive Director, Nassau CountyCompany: Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
Date Posted: April 16, 2018
Job Summary: Responsible for overall management and leadership of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Nassau County Foundation in support of the organizational mission and goals. Primary responsibilities include board development and resource development, with a focus on donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Provide direction and leadership in the areas of Club operations, strategic planning, community relations, budget management and membership administration.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Provide leadership and direction to the Board in accordance with the strategy set forth by the Foundation Board and organization leadership.
- Provide support and guidance to the Area Director in the management of their clubs. Work closely with the Area Director to ensure the proper resources and support are available for the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Clubs.
- Support the organization’s mission and principles. Maintain an environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Assist the Foundation President with the identification, recruitment, and development of effective Board Members to serve as advocates on behalf of the mission of Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Work closely with the Foundation President to ensure that Board Members actively participate; and that Board committees are provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives.
- Ensure the annual Clubs' budget is funded and the organization has adequate cash flow, by working with the Foundation Board of Directors to identify and cultivate a portfolio of potential donor prospects. Conduct donor discovery visits with highly rated major gift prospects. Steward existing donors through frequent communication and relationship building. Co-develop the annual fundraising goal with the Board and meet or exceed the goal.
- Develop strategic plans to generate revenue through a variety of fundraising techniques. Execute fundraising strategy through existing events and donor solicitation calls, including the Annual Gala, Guardian events and other approved fundraising activities. Actively seek out new funding opportunities through grants and sponsorships.
- Meet with individual donors, corporations, foundations and community leaders to share the Boys & Girls Clubs message and articulate the need for funding support. Actively represent the organization in Nassau County and Northeast Florida to include speaking engagements, attendance at community events and membership in appropriate organizations.
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
10. Work closely with Area Director and Foundation President in managing financial resources, actively participating in the development of the Clubs’ annual budgets and monitoring expenditures against those budgets.
Marketing and Public Relations
11. Increase visibility of Club programs, services and activities. Maintain public trust.
12. Coordinate all marketing, communications, and public relations opportunities with the Development and Marketing teams of the Foundation to ensure consistent messaging. Oversee all aspects of communication via website, social media, newsletters, and marketing materials.
13. Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials. Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, volunteers, funders and community organizations.
Internal: Maintains contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organization mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues and provide/receive information. Maintain and engage Board Members.
External: Maintains contact with potential and current donors, external community groups, parents, volunteers, school officials and others as required.
Skills and Knowledge Required
▪ Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
▪ A minimum of five – seven years work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization, with a minimum of two years at management level.
▪ Demonstrated results in increasing fundraising, including events as well as individual, corporate and foundation donors.
▪ Demonstrated ability in working with Boards of Directors in a leadership capacity.
▪ Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
▪ Experienced public speaker and excellent presentation skills.
▪ Proven team building and cross-function partnership skills.
▪ Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management.
▪ Knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and donor management databases.
▪ Valid driver’s license and good driving record with ability to show proof of automobile coverage.
Qualified applicants may apply at: