Database ManagerCompany: Flagler College
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
Purpose: To provide the support of the Department of Advancement Services by overseeing the management of the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Responsible for maintaining all advancement databases.
- Develop policies and procedures for data entry into all advancement databases that ensure necessary consistency and accuracy.
- Handle list requests related to emails, mailings, and anything else relevant or necessary to the operations of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Coordinate with employees requesting lists to recommend additional data relevant to their needs.
- Maintain current information in the database by updating addresses, names, telephone numbers, etc.
- Create and maintain exports and queries that display raw data in a quick, clear manner to employees.
- Maintain and improve import processes that reduce manual data entry.
- Assist with general analysis of data as it relates to fundraising and donor recognition.
- Execute regular database clean-up activities.
- Conduct regular audits of the information in the database.
- Maintain accurate lists of current students, alumni, and parents.
- Quickly and accurately process all received manual data entry updates.
- Regularly perform address research related to lost alumni and return mail.
- Assign data entry projects to student workers and review their work.
- Evaluate and recommend upgrades, fixes, plug-ins, etc., then coordinate with vendors on obtaining information and software licenses.
- Keep up with news and trends in database technology and development methodology.
- Develop and apply procedures to safeguard data security.
- Develop standards and policies for data entry, and ensure compliance.
- Assist Director of Advancement Services and Manager of Gift Administration as necessary to perform the operations of the Department of Advancement Services.
- Assist with annual alumni and donor events as needed.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with team members, internal customers, and external vendors.
- Perform other duties as may be required by the Director of Advancement Services and the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience with database related work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in data-entry processes, and familiarity with computer hardware and software programs used in database management.
- Demonstrable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and work cooperatively with staff and constituents.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit good judgment in making independent decisions concurrent with College policy.
- Ability to sit at a desk and maintain focus on tasks for extended periods of time.
Preference Given to Candidates with:
- Proficiency in Blackbaud software, specifically Raiser’s Edge.
- Knowledge of donor relations and nonprofit operations.
- Knowledge of office management methods and procedures.