Regional Walk ManagerCompany: ALS Association Florida Chapter
Date Posted: May 22, 2018
Regional Walk Manager
The Walk Manager handles all aspects of fund development in their assigned region including meeting targeted income and expense goals. The Walk Manager is part of the Fund Development team to ensure that the Walk to Defeat ALS and Ride to Defeat ALS goals are achieved.
The State Walk Director
- Responsible for implementing the ALS Association Walk model to meet budgeted income and expense goals for the Walk to Defeat ALS and Ride to Defeat ALS programs in assigned region(s) that includes committee involvement, corporate involvement, team-building and fundraising, communication and stewardship, marketing and outreach, and event day objectives.
- Responsible for the recruitment, stewardship, and retention of strong corporate and foundation sponsorships for the Walk to Defeat ALS and Ride to Defeat ALS
- Works in cooperation with Care Services staff to involve patients and families in awareness and fundraising opportunities.
- Works in cooperation with the Marketing staff to achieve marketing (PR) objectives.
- Responsible for social media accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for identifying new friends and family teams, recruitment, stewardship, and retention of strong Walk to Defeat ALS and Ride to Defeat ALS A-teams and upper level B-teams.
- Follow all steps of the Associations model to ensure a robust donor stewardship/relationship-building effort in assigned markets.
- Responsible for the recruitment, stewardship and retention of strong Committee Chairs, active committees, CRC and Regional Council in assigned markets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SKILLS
- Team player who enjoys interaction with professionals, peers, volunteers and those served by the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Peer to Peer Fundraising models.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to keep explicit records in Chapter’s donor database.
- A skilled communicator, able to balance diverse agendas and points of view, while maintaining a sense of common purpose and organizational vision.
- Able to handle confidential information and maintain high confidentiality.
- Able and willing to drive a car and/or a van within the state of Florida. May require occasional travel outside of Florida for regional or national meetings.
- Able and willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must have and maintain a vehicle driven for business purposes, valid driver’s license, good driving record, and insurance
- Must pass drug testing, background check and motor vehicle record check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
Send resume, cover and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org