Major Gifts OfficerCompany: Cathedral Arts Project
Date Posted: June 8, 2018
The Cathedral Arts Project is the leading nonprofit provider of quality, comprehensive and ongoing instruction in the visual and performing arts for elementary and middle school students in Duval County. The driving force behind all CAP programs is the belief that the arts matter – they provide essential skills, like creative thinking, perseverance, teamwork and self-discipline, that benefit all people in all areas of their lives. Voted one of the best places to work in Jacksonville in 2016, we offer a culture of creativity and collaboration right in the heart of downtown Jacksonville.
Position reports to the Chief Development Officer.
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for securing funds for the organization by managing a group of assigned donors and executing individual donor plans in a timely and cost-effective manner to ensure donors are retained and upgraded.
- Qualify caseload donors who represent the highest giving potential for the organization
- Create individual goals for each person on the caseload based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential
- Create a personal contact and ask plan for each donor, considering their interests, motivations, giving patterns and ask preferences, that will serve as a foundational communication plan
- Work with the Program and Marketing departments to secure project and organization information and create effective offers, proposals and asks to secure gifts from donors
- Secure information to report to donors on how their money was used within the organization
- Create monthly reports that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance
- Perform other major donor activities as required
- Assist with events and other duties as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & CAPABILITIES
- Ability to manage people, processes, deadlines and budgets while adhering to the policies and procedures of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues and management
- Maintain a positive and constructive attitude while problem solving
- Successful track record working with boards, donors, the community and staff
- Commitment to CAP’s vision, goals and values
- Proficiency with donor databases (eTapestry preferred) and Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Work, Excel and PowerPoint
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in development or related field
- Nonprofit fundraising experience preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Position is full-time salaried. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Medical (PPO or HMO), dental and vision insurance available, with CAP covering 75% of the costs of individual medical insurance
- Generous paid time off, including 21 days of PTO, 24 paid holidays and a flexible, family-friendly schedule
- Gym membership available with CAP covering 50% of the monthly membership fee
The Major Gifts Officer will be given quarterly performance appraisals by the Chief Development Officer. Performance compensation above and beyond base salary, if available, will be based on criteria agreed upon with the CDO and ability to successfully perform the essential responsibilities listed above. This compensation will be constructed in accordance with ethical guidelines outlined by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Submit a cover letter and résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Cathedral Arts Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. For more information about the Cathedral Arts Project, visit capkids.org.