Director of Advancement Operations
PACE Center for Girls
May 17, 2018
Job Title: Director of Advancement Operations
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Required: 50%
HR Contact: Organizational Development Director
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
Position Overview: The Director of Advancement Operations will be responsible for the strategic leadership, development, and oversight of PACE Center for Girls’ Advancement operations to ensure increased performance and efficiencies The Director of Advancement Operations will be a key contributor to the overall success of PACE’s Advancement team by providing data-driven insight into fundraising and prospect management to maximize fundraising efforts and opportunities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work across the organization, specifically with Finance and Center Directors, to understand donor reporting and information needs
- Evaluate and establish Advancement best practices, including the development and maintenance of Advancement Services Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual
- Develop data quality strategy and roadmap for implementing improved capabilities and process across the organization
- Implement data governance and quality standards across the organization
- Oversee the administration of donor management reporting and acknowledgement systems to ensure timely and accurate stewardship
- Establish best practices, policies, and procedures for the timely and accurate processing and recording of all funds that is consistent with PACE’s financial reporting processes
- Conduct detailed cost/benefit analysis on fundraising activities. Analyze fundraising trends/results over multiple years. Provide extensive and accurate data to inform key business decisions.
- Direct and oversee prospect research information capabilities and collaborate with the Advancement Team in identifying and cultivating new and current donors, including wealth screening, biographical research, and giving history
- Provide training and support to Headquarters and Center staff to ensure appropriate and effective use Raiser’s Edge NXT database
- Analyze and report on Advancement efforts by providing monthly fundraising progress reports, analysis and translation of complex financial and constituent data into easily understandable graphs and infographics to share with Executive Team, committees and Board of Trustees.
- Track department expenses against budget
- Maintain security and integrity of Raiser’s Edge database
- Lead and support team of Advancement Operations professionals
- Ensure effective communication with Finance. Reconcile cash, pledges and total production numbers with Finance every month. Prepare financial and donor reports for the annual audit as well as other reports needed by Finance.
- Act as organizational subject matter expert for donor database, policies, and procedures
- Manage Advancement team technology and vendor relationships
- Review and evaluate tools and technology supporting fundraising activities to ensure they are being fully maximized
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in resource development operations experience
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission and values of PACE Center for Girls and the Advancement team
- Deep expertise in constituent relationship management (CRM) systems, Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred High level of proficiency in full suite of MS Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio
- Advanced leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate others and to be an effective team player, highly developed interpersonal communication skills and experience managing direct reports
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to be solution and outcome driven rather than problem focused
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to effectively coordinate and prioritize workload.
- Experience applying effective project management methodologies
- Strong analytical skills, service orientation, attention to detail, and time management
- Experience overseeing complex systems with a technical and geographically diverse workforce, providing supervisory, mentorship, technical and leadership support.
- Experience performing in-house trainings in both group and individual settings
- Experience negotiating the needs of internal stakeholders and outside vendors
- Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; ability for overnight travel required.
- Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
- Current driver’s license required.
- Compassion-genuinely cares about people, concerned about the work and non-work problems of others, available to help, sympathetic to others, and demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
- Composure-handles pressure and stress well, is not defensive or irritated during tough situations, is considered mature, does not show frustration, and is a settling influence in crisis situations
- Creativity-comes up with new and unique ideas, easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions, and tends to be original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Customer Focus-dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements, actions are based on customers, and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Integrity and Trust-is widely trusted, seen as direct and truthful, does not misrepresent themselves for personal gain, keeps confidences, and admits mistakes
- Listening-practices attentive and active listening, uses patience in hearing others speak, and can accurately restate the opinions of others even if opinions differ
- Drive for Results-able to figure out the process for getting this accomplished, knows how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks for efficiency, can see opportunities for synergy and integrations, ability to simplify complex processes, and gets more out of fewer resources
The work environment characteristics can be stressful, is fast-paced and requires alertness and flexibility. The noise level is usually quiet; however, noise can accelerate to moderate and high levels.
Applications Accepted By Applying at: www.pacecenter.org