Alumni Services CoordinatorCompany: University of North Florida
Date Posted: February 14, 2017
The University of North Florida, Development and Alumni Engagement unit invite applications for the position of Coordinator Alumni Services. Under the direction of an Assistant Director or above, the position is responsible for assisting in the design, development & implementation of departmental processes and/or programs.
The qualified candidate will plan, develop and supervise alumni programs, events & activities. Responsibilities may include the following: development, coordination and hosting of a wide variety of alumni events from concept to execution; assisting with college chapter meetings and regional events (including travel outside the campus and Jacksonville area); arranging alumni events and meetings in conjunction with senior management travel schedules; assisting in the recruitment of new alumni volunteers; staffing Alumni Association events and meetings including weekend and evenings as required; staffing and guiding Alumni Association committees; assisting staff with other events, and duties as may be assigned.
- Responsible for all marketing, management, administrative direction, & coordination of events.
- Responsible for the tracking of all registration, payment & attendance for events. Frequent evening work required. Occasional weekend work and travel.
- Develops and executes communication strategies involving direct mail and online social media spaces such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, & other media applications. Strong written and oral communication skills required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software & with social media communication programs required.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver's license & auto insurance coverage. Must be able to drive to areas within & outside the local region & able to carry and/or transport supplies & event materials up to 50 lbs. & physically assist with event set up.
- A high energy, sense of humor, commitment to excellence, attention to detail, ability to follow through, & a willingness to try new things are critical to success in this position. A creative approach to problem solving is also a plus.
- Continuous personal contact with alumni, students & friends of the University as well as contact with the faculty, staff, & other senior level personnel pertaining to programs & activities of the Office of Alumni Services.
- Individual will have responsibility for accepting donations at the door of several alumni events. (>$10K)
- Has access to highly confidential information from prospects, donors, alumni, corporations & foundations.
- A Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization; or a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university & two years of experience directly related to the job functions.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Janet Ishii at (904) 620-2130, or via email at email@example.com. Initial review of applications will begin on 02/28/2017 until the position is filled.
UNF is an Equal Opportunity /Equal Access/ Affirmative Action institution.