Advancement Services DirectorCompany: Children’s Home Society of Florida
Date Posted: February 21, 2017
Location: Maitland, Florida (Greater Orlando Area)
- Because ...Another child in the U.S. suffers abuse or neglect every 47 seconds
- Over 20,000 Florida children live in uncertainty because it's too dangerous at home
- CHS makes the difference!
- Nearly 100% of families that complete our programs remain abuse-free
- More than 800 children find families through adoption each year
- More than 50,000 children and family members find hope, healing and opportunity every year
CHS was founded in 1902 and has a rich legacy of serving Florida’s most vulnerable children. Today, we have grown to over 1,900 employees serving children, families and communities across the state of Florida.
Our vision is, “a world where children realize their full potential”.
Our mission, “building bridges to success for children”.
We accomplish this through a vast array of home visiting, counseling, shelter and case management services. We collaborate with community partners to support families, remove barriers and close care gaps. We build bridges to greater opportunity and self-sufficiency. We do this, so that we can break intergenerational cycles of poverty, abuse and neglect.
The CHS Philanthropy Team: CHS provides an excellent working environment for philanthropy professionals as well as an opportunity for professional advancement and growth. The philanthropy team includes over 50 team members across the various regions of the state to drive contributions and support to the organization to fulfill our mission and vision.
CHS offers opportunities for team member collaboration, sharing of best practices and consultation, so that professionals can grow in their own practice area.
About this opportunity:
The Advancement Services Director will lead and oversee all data collection and management for the Philanthropy Department, including donor gift processing database management, advancement reporting, prospect research and management, data integrity, and data security within all philanthropy information and/or donation processing systems. Overall, the Advancement Services Director contributes to the CHS high performance culture by exhibiting our values and providing quality results to support the CHS mission.
- Lead the development of strategies and make recommendations to maximize the philanthropy department’s donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship efforts to grow philanthropy revenue.
- Serve as the liaison between the Philanthropy team and other departments within CHS as well as the main point of contact for all database and online giving vendors
- Lead and oversee the shared donor database as well as other Philanthropy information systems.
- Lead and oversee data collection and reporting for the donor database management as well as prospect
- Recruit, develop and lead a team capable of supporting CHS performance and growth strategies, while fostering an engaging, positive work environment.
- Supervise the donor advancement team.
- Provide training, consultation and technical assistance to philanthropy team members.
- Serve as an active member of the Philanthropy Leadership Team
All degrees must be from an accredited university.
Approximate salary range: $60-70K
Travel: Approximately 10%, statewide
To apply, please visit: https://chsfl.org/Careers