University of North Florida, Director of DevelopmentCompany: University of North Florida
Date Posted: May 10, 2017
The University of North Florida Department of Development and Alumni Engagement invites applications for the position of Director of Development for the College of Arts and Sciences (COAS). The qualified candidate must be an effective and proven leader, planner and team-builder. The individual is responsible for successfully building relationships amongst a team of professionals who are committed to supporting a wide range of programs and people within University Development and Alumni Engagement (UDAE), engaged in broad-based advocacy for, support of, and engagement with the University of North Florida.
The Director will report to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Associate Vice President for University Development and Alumni Engagement. The responsibilities of the Director of Development in the College of Arts and Sciences (COAS) include:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and provide stewardship of major donors for the UNF College of Arts and Sciences' initiatives at the level of $100,000 or more and attain annual financial goals.
- The Director of Development will provide staff support to the college's Dean's Council.
- Work with the Dean, faculty and staff of the college to identify areas for which external support for the college and its programs is appropriate and necessary.
- Work with the Dean, faculty and staff of the college in developing strategies and materials for attracting external support for the college.
- Nurture long-term relationships on behalf of the college with contributors including individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving to coordinate college participation in direct mail, Phonathon, and Faculty and Staff Fund Drive.
- Attend Development and Alumni Engagement team meetings.
- Prepare an annual calendar of college public events to serve as both public relations and fundraising tools for the college advancement program.
- Supervise an assistant and/or associate director of development.
- Assist Alumni Engagement office for COAS alumni needs.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Dean or Associate VP for Development in consultation with the Dean as they relate to a comprehensive, university-wide campaign.
- During declared campus emergencies, this position may be required to perform specific job-related duties at a designated off-campus location or place of residence.
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University's collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF's mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens. The University of North Florida was voted as a Best College in the Southeast and a Best Value Public College by the Princeton Review. UNF is located on a nature preserve in sunny northeast Florida, midway between the Atlantic Ocean and downtown Jacksonville. Jacksonville has a population of almost one million and numerous cultural and natural attractions.
In conjunction with the University's policy, this position requires a level II background check which includes fingerprinting. Based on the specifics of the actual job functions, the position may also require a credit check.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization and three years of experience directly related to the job functions.
High degree of initiative and a self-starter. Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills. Ability to make new friends and influence diverse constituent groups. Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Excellent eye and concern for appearance of supporting materials. Proven ability to effectively utilize computer application technology, particularly word processors, internet and electronic mail.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at http://www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Cathy Thero at (904) 620-2110, or via e-mail at email@example.com. Initial review of applications will begin on May 19, 2017.
UNF is an Equal Opportunity / Equal Access / Affirmative Action institution.