Special Events CoordinatorCompany: Children's Home Society
Date Posted: May 30, 2017
OBJECTIVE: Coordinate the planning and execution of special event activities and logistics to raise charitable contributions and increase community awareness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Plan, coordinate and execute all special event fundraising logistics andadministration in conjunction with volunteers, Philanthropy staff, and Division Management in support of the annual Philanthropy Plan.
- Identify, recruit, manage, orient and support special event focused volunteers, committees, auxiliaries and fundraising groups.
- Develop a comprehensive event plan with appropriate goals, objectives, tactics and deadlines.
- Participate in the Philanthropy Department efforts to cultivate, secure and recognize special event donors, event participants, sponsors, gift-in-kind donors, vendors and volunteers.
- Participate in budget development for events; track expenses against goals and prepare reports on result; identify trends and make recommendations for the future.
- Execute local marketing and promotion activities to increase awareness and participation in special events.
- In collaboration with Philanthropy staff, prepare presentations, materials, and communications.
- Establish metrics for evaluation and build evaluation process for each event; oversee event evaluation process.
- Analyze and report on metrics with the goal to consistently improve event, guest and volunteer experience.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
This list of essential functions is not intended to be exhaustive. Children's Home Society of Florida reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
REQUIRED: All degrees must be from an accredited university.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Event Planning, Public Relations, Administration, Conference Planning and/or related fields
- Minimum of four years of event planning experience
- Minimum of one year of fundraising experience.
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to be sensitive to the service populations’ cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Commitment to effectively and efficiently providing customer satisfaction with positive service delivery results
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize and motivate volunteers
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements
- Ability to solicit funds and support
- Proficiency in Public Speaking.
NEEDED: driving, repetitive motions sitting, standing, walking
PREFERRED: bending/stooping, carrying, climbing, kneeling, lifting, pushing/pulling, reaching
To apply, please visit: https://careers-chsfl.icims.com/jobs/2919/special-events-coordinator/job?mobile=false&width=920&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240