Director of Development- UF Proton Therapy InstituteCompany: UF Advancement
Date Posted: June 19, 2017
Reporting to the Senior Advisor, UF Health, the Director of Development is responsible for developing and executing the institute's fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs as identified and in alignment with the strategic initiatives of UF Proton Therapy Institute and UF Advancement. He or she will serve as a strategic partner with UF Proton Therapy Institute and UF Advancement ensuring conformity with the central fund raising efforts and the overall university development and alumni programs and goals and in promoting a culture of philanthropy by broadening constituents' understanding of the value of giving.
- The Director of Development, College of Medicine, UF Health Proton Therapy Institute is responsible for implementing fundraising initiatives, identifying and cultivating prospects. Focuses on individual prospects at all levels and will work with major gift, corporate and foundation prospects (where gifts could be assessed at $25,000+). He or she will build a portfolio of fundraising prospects and strategically manage relationships through face-to-face visits to bring major gift solicitations to closure. This position requires significant travel by automobile; maintaining an acceptable driving record that meets insurance requirements and an active Florida driver license must be maintained in order to meet this function.
- Serves as the primary contact for corporations and foundations in an effort to identify, cultivate and strengthen relationships. Assists with designing solicitation strategies on a case by case basis, being cognizant of development and the institute's needs and procedures.
- Supports the institutes physicians, researchers, administrators and medical staff in identifying and reporting prospects, and in presenting needs and possibilities effectively.
- Effectively performs prospect tracking, record keeping, file maintenance, reporting and administration. In collaboration with senior leadership, plans and monitors the budget, using resources for best results in fundraising and planning activities involving volunteers, prospects, faculty and administration.
- Prepares and produces up to two annual fund mailings per year. Performs prospect screening monthly.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications plan to inform constituents and identified markets about the mission, vision, and values of the units, their funding priorities, and gift opportunities. Develops and presents major gift proposals, and acknowledge and recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and appropriate to the mission, vision and values of the units, UF Advancement.
- Initiates, plans and supports activities and events involving stakeholders, such as volunteers, physicians, staff, and members of the leadership council. Create and build a structured process that will strengthen fundraising.
- Other duties as assigned. Assist the Senior Advisor with special projects as needed.
For more information, or to submit an application, please visit: http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/502594/director-of-development-uf-proton-therapy-institute