Marketing/Volunteer CoordinatorCompany: St. Francis House/Port in the Storm Homeless Youth Center
Date Posted: December 4, 2017
Job Title: Marketing/Volunteer Coordinator
Exempt Status: Exempt Full Time
Reports To: Assistant Director
Position Summary: Marketing/Volunteer Coordinator
Qualification Requirements: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Experience working in an office setting and work well in a team environment. Have good organizational skills, pay close attention to detail, and be multi-task oriented. Social media and computer skills including the ability to navigate the internet proficiently and operate spreadsheet and word processing programs. Able to manage time and resources with little supervision. Flexibility is a must.
General Job Performance Standards
- Understand and follow all agency policies and procedures as directed by personnel manual.
- Maintain strict client and staff confidentiality at all times.
- Represent the agency in a professional manner consistent with the St. Francis House mission.
- Coordinate special events planning and functions.
- Pursue additional marketing and awareness opportunities and coordinate these activities.
- Recruit and manage agency volunteers and volunteer activities
- Provide administrative support for development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate, plan, and implement special events and coordinate with groups planning events that will directly benefit the agency
- Solicit sponsors, participants and in-kind donors for events
- Act as point person for all event contracts and vendor communication and agreements
- Handle event and media communications through all media platforms
- Maintain detailed spreadsheets and reports regarding all events
- Develop and implement marketing and social media plan for agency
- Work to create special event task forces
- Submit press releases and community calendar items for events and activities
- Create and update display boards
10. Update website
11. Generate social media and eblasts on a regular basis as dictated by marketing plan
12. Take pictures of volunteers, staff and events for newsletters, articles and facebook.
13. All other duties as assigned
- Review volunteer needs and recruit volunteers to fill those needs
- Interview and facilitate training with appropriate supervisor for new volunteers
- Maintain regular communication with volunteers – including birthday cards, get well cards etc.
- Develop volunteer training and application materials
- Generate monthly volunteer hour reports** (presently done by a volunteer)
- Generate monthly reports on volunteer hours and in-kind donations**
- All other duties as assigned
**These and other tasks can be delegated to an appropriate volunteer with staff oversight.
Submit applications via email to Karen Hensel, Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org