Director of Education and Community OutreachCompany: World Affairs Council of Jacksonville
Date Posted: January 2, 2018
World Affairs Council of Jacksonville
Director of Education & Community Outreach
For this senior staff position, the World Affairs Council of Jacksonville seeks a person with experience in project management, event planning and fundraising; excellent communication skills; an interest in and understanding of international issues; a commitment to education; and a strong work ethic. A master’s degree or comparable work experience is preferred.
The World Affairs Council of Jacksonville is a non-partisan, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote an understanding of the world and its people and to engage citizens of Northeast Florida in becoming better informed participants in the global community. The Director of Education & Community Outreach reports daily to the Executive Director & CEO and regularly to the organization’s Board of Directors, specifically the Education Committee Chairman.
This full-time, salaried position is responsible for the management of the Council’s programs that extend international education resources and programming to educators and students, as well as the procurement of funding for these programs. This position is also tasked with creating and expanding relationships in the community with donors and key strategic partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all programs for high school students, including planning, implementation, evaluation and expansion (Great Decisions and companion programs; Academic WorldQuest)
- Recruit, place and evaluate Great Decisions faculty liaisons
- Manage the Ambassador Marilyn McAfee Scholarship Program and the Board Fellows Program for college students
-Organize recruitment and outreach activities
-Oversee committee selection processes and awards
- Implement Global Teacher Enrichment Program for middle and high school teachers
-Build strategic partnerships for a recurrent international professional development program
-Organize recruitment and outreach activities throughout area districts
- Develop, monitor and report on the Council’s education budget
- Enhance and expand sponsor and grant support for programs
-Build a diversified network of funders
-Provide impact assessment and documentation of program outcomes
- Participate in strategic planning for both the education programs and the Council in general
- Attend quarterly Board and Executive Committee meeting
Qualified Applicants may submit resume and cover letter to: World Affairs Council of Jacksonville Executive Director & CEO, Trina Medarev (firstname.lastname@example.org or 100 Festival Park Avenue Jacksonville, FL 32202)