Director of Ranch LifeCompany: Rodeheaver Boys Ranch
Date Posted: January 22, 2018
Looking for a career where you can make a difference while making a living? Where you can be part of a vibrant organization with a 68-year history of successfully changing lives for the better?
The Director of Ranch Life for Rodeheaver Boys Ranch will earn competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and the rewarding experience of working toward a shared mission: creating more promising futures for some of today’s most vulnerable boys.
RANCH LIFE DIRECTOR -
Rodeheaver Boys Ranch is currently seeking a mission-minded individual to live and work at the Youth Ranch in Palatka, FL. You will be charged with the emotional, educational, physical and spiritual nurturing of up to 50 children, ranging in ages from elementary to high school. We seek an energetic and talented Ranch Life Director who will lead our efforts to grow Rodeheaver Boys Ranch’s 68-year legacy of planting boys in nature and shaping them into men.
Through our agricultural-based education for the boys, we connect children to nature to cultivate healthy bodies and minds. We foster future life skills and lessons by cooking, gardening, caring for animals and exploring wilderness in Northeast Florida. The individual will help direct new and continuing programs including our vehicle program, equestrian program, Boy Scouts, 4H, recreational activities, educational programs, and more. The qualified candidate will guide and empower youth of all ages to learn, create, explore, and grow through hands-on learning, innovation, and teamwork.
- Identify spiritual needs, correct negative behavior, tutor, plan activities and events, counsel/advise and teach the boys at Rodeheaver Boys Ranch to work through daily problems that may come up in the course of a day
- Provide administration, supervision and coordination for assigned program/services and activities on and off the Ranch
- Supervise the total process of maintaining a full census, youth admissions and the release of all youth in the assigned program/service; Works closely with Executive Director during the referral process, aftercare services, intake, admission, and release of all youth
- Coordinate activities and functions specific to the assigned programs at Rodeheaver Boys Ranch, schools, and other institutions
- Supervise and participate in day-to-day educational activities at the Ranch: feeding, cleaning, recording, preparing, and showing pigs, goats, chickens, as well as, bottle feeding calves
- Assist with curriculum development, coordination, and facilitation of 4-H program
- Conflict resolution and disciplinary actions, as appropriate, including communications with parents/guardians
- Create, develop, and research educational curriculum (agriculture and leadership) and team building activities to continuously evolve programs (responsible for managing supplies and learning aides used during programs)
- Closely monitors the farm operation to ensure there is a good balance of youth education/recreation and business development
- Relates to visitors and guests in such a manner as to ensure that they feel welcome and comfortable and leave with a good impression of Rodeheaver Boys Ranch
- The Director of Ranch Life will directly supervise Cottage parents, relief Cottage parents, laundry
and volunteers, as well as interview, hire, train, evaluate and discharge Cottage and relief parents
- The Director of Ranch Life will directly supervise food service personnel; this will include, but not be
limited to: approve all menus, approve all purchases, train new personnel, and assure that the department
is adequately staffed
- Enthusiastically supports and works with Director of Development and Rodeheaver Foundation to ensure that donors, foundations and other stakeholders are cared for and serviced in a timely and high quality fashion
Requirements are as follows:
- High School Diploma/GED, Higher Education in a related area preferred
- Significant experience in a job which required working with and/or supervising boys
- Someone who feels called to the ministry of working with adolescents coming from difficult backgrounds
- Experience working with at-risk youth in residential treatment, foster care, or other direct care capacity is a plus
- Experience in counseling, behavior modification strategies, trauma-informed care, or substance abuse treatment is a plus
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with culturally diverse, psychologically or behaviorally challenged population
- Experience in transitioning youth to positive situation (i.e., securing employment, creating and working on a budget, finding positive resources, and other beneficial environments)
- Proficient with the methods and techniques of lesson plan development and instruction (creating curriculum for agricultural education, leadership, youth empowerment, etc.)
- Organized and dependable
- Demonstrates spiritual, social, emotional, and intellectual maturity
- Possess a valid driver's license, without restrictions, and has a good driving record
- This position requires flexible scheduling with availability on nights and weekends to meet needs of residents
- Must pass a background check
Rodeheaver Boys Ranch, located in Palatka, FL, is a 501c3 non-profit that has been providing complete care for up to 50 disadvantaged boys at a time for 68 years. Children make their way to Rodeheaver Boys Ranch because they have no home of their own due to parental death, desertion, divorce, disability or dysfunction. Our motto is we believe “It is better to build boys than to mend men.” We stand for a quality, agricultural environment for youth in our foster care with a focus on spiritual growth, recreation, education and independent living skills development. Each home chooses a local church to attend and all our youth attend local public school. It is the goal of Rodeheaver Boys Ranch to feel like a family and not an institution. The Director of Ranch Life reports directly to the Executive Director of Rodeheaver Boys Ranch.
Job Type: Full-time
Some benefits of the position:
- Private Residence Housing (Director of Ranch Life lives on the Ranch for free)
- Utilities and Food provided
- Family Health Insurance
- The opportunity to work alongside a team to honor God and serve boys
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rodeheaver Boys Ranch provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rodeheaver Boys Ranch complies with all applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.