Director, Corporate & Foundation Development
PACE Center for Girls
May 17, 2018
Job Title: Director, Corporate & Foundation Development
Department/Group: Advancement Services
Location: Headquarters or Telecommute
Travel Required: 50-70%
Level/Salary Range: $100,000 (plus 10% performance bonus)
HR Contact: Organizational Development Director
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
The Director of Corporate & Foundation Development will be responsible for raising PACE Center for Girls, Inc.’s profile in pursuit of strategic, high-value (six and seven figure) partnerships with companies and foundations. These partnerships will yield revenue as well as expand awareness and understanding of PACE’S life changing impact and transformation for girls among corporate employees and consumers. The ideal candidate is a collaborator, strategic thinker and consummate networker who is able to ignite enthusiasm and inspire support of PACE’s mission and impact.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and execute an aggressive development plan that will significantly grow PACE’s corporate and foundation partnerships which will generate a substantial growth in revenue securing six and seven figure partnerships.
- Leverage and effectively establish connections with new foundations and companies, assess their alignment with PACE and build a pipeline for funding
- Manage a portfolio of existing corporate partners. Seek to engage these companies in philanthropic support of PACE, leveraging expertise to enhance programming, engaging employees in volunteer opportunities and special initiatives and developing opportunities for co-branding and consumer engagement as applicable. It will be critical for the Director to coordinate closely with other departments of the organization in order to maximize opportunities.
- Steward relationships by monitoring grant implementation, sharing relevant updates with Foundation staff, and cultivating support with the goal of renewing or expanding the relationship.
- Lead the development of tailored proposals for corporate partners and foundations that align to the organization’s strategic priorities and provide appropriate a level of recognition to donors.
- Perform market/community analyses to identify emerging funding opportunities and works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to develop corresponding strategies that strengthen PACE’s ability to take advantage of these opportunities.
- Assist in establishing fundraising goals, monitor overall expense budget, ensure funder database records are up-to-date, and aid in preparation of analytical reports to measure progress toward fundraising goals for PACE leadership
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field preferred
- 5 to 7 years of Resource Development experience working with corporate and foundation partners with proven track record and demonstrated success in cultivating and growing new business.
- Proficient level application of business and resource development knowledge: negotiation, strategy development, business plans and models, contracts and legal communications, agreements, etc.
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission and values of PACE Center for Girls and the Advancement team
- Proven track record as a capable leader, with strong communication and team building skills, focused on producing results and coaching others on successful solicitation, cultivation and stewardship. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to display sensitivity, build strong relationships, and respond appropriately with supporters, donors, clients, and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to be self-motivated and disciplined.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; ability for overnight travel required.
- Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
- Current driver’s license required.
- Compassion-genuinely cares about people, concerned about the work and non-work problems of others, available to help, sympathetic to others, and demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
- Composure-handles pressure and stress well, is not defensive or irritated during tough situations, is considered mature, does not show frustration, and is a settling influence in crisis situations
- Creativity-comes up with new and unique ideas, easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions, and tends to be original and value-added in brainstorming settings
- Customer Focus-dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and uses it for improvements, actions are based on customers, and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Integrity and Trust-is widely trusted, seen as direct and truthful, does not misrepresent themselves for personal gain, keeps confidences, and admits mistakes
- Listening-practices attentive and active listening, uses patience in hearing others speak, and can accurately restate the opinions of others even if opinions differ
- Drive for Results-able to figure out the process for getting this accomplished, knows how to organize people and activities, understands how to separate and combine tasks for efficiency, can see opportunities for synergy and integrations, ability to simplify complex processes, and gets more out of fewer resources
The work environment characteristics can be stressful, is fast-paced and requires alertness and flexibility. The noise level is usually quiet; however, noise can accelerate to moderate and high levels.
Applications Accepted By Applying at: www.pacecenter.org