Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) First Coast, Florida Chapter
2018 Scholarship Program
The AFP First Coast Chapter offers a variety of scholarships to advance our profession and encourage chapter membership. Qualified individuals are encouraged to take advantage of the scholarship opportunities to attain or retain AFP membership, and increase their professionalism, knowledge and skills. Below is a summary of the scholarship categories and opportunities.
Scholarship & Application Schedule at a Glance
| Scholarship Type
||Applications Accepted Beginning Date||Application Deadline toScholarship Committee Chairman|
|New Member||February 1, 2018||December 1, 2018
|Renewal Member||February 1, 2018||December 1, 2018
||February 1, 2018
||December 1, 2018
|CFRE / Other||February 1, 2018||December 1, 2018
|Planet Philanthropy||February 1, 2018||March 15, 2018
|2019 International Conference|
|Regular Scholarship||August 1, 2018||October 1, 2018|
|Chamberlin Scholarship||August 1, 2018||October 1, 2018|
To apply for a scholarship, click here to download the application form.
- Individual AFP First Coast members are limited to one scholarship per calendar year.
- Only one scholarship award per category will be awarded per organization per year.
- Scholarship recipients are ineligible for one year after receiving their award EXCEPT when applying for a Renewing Member Scholarship.
- Recipients must serve on at least one local chapter committee. Please select at least one committee on your application form.
- To be considered for an award, read the instructions carefully, submit the completed application and required documentation before the published deadline for the scholarship you are seeking, to: email@example.com
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Your application will be reviewed and a decision made as soon as possible by the Chapter Review Committee.
- The amount of a scholarship award is dependent on the type of scholarship being received and funds availability as outlined in the individual scholarship descriptions within this package.
- You will be notified by the Scholarship Committee Chairman of the Chapter Review Committee’s decision along with the amount awarded, if any.
- Payment for an award is conditional on the recipient fulfilling the obligation for which the award is made.
If you have any questions, please contact Terri Montville.
AFP First Coast Chapter Scholarship Committee Co-Chairman